Ever wanted to experience some of the fantastic trails in the Peak District? Ever wanted to try an Ebike? We have teamed up with Peak Cycle Hire to offer our 2 day guided E bike ride and coaching package. Including use of a Devinci DC E Bike. Starting on the green fringes of Sheffield and the Peak District, this tour is a great way to discover why Sheffield is called ‘The Outdoor City’ and experience some of the local trails and classic Peak District riding. The route takes in blue and red terrain with some challenges along the way.
Sat 18th – Sun – 19th May – 6 places available – £260 per person
New Trails, New Skills
The tour is ideal for riders with some existing experience of MTB, either E bike or non E bike, who want to explore more of the Peak District, discover new routes and some of the lesser known Peak District routes, and also develop their core riding skills. To ensure you get the most of your time in the saddle our guide is also a British Cycling accredited MTB Coach with over 20 years experience riding the local trails (and beyond!). The route has been planned to take in some areas that are ideal for some skills focus points, that will have your riding skills and confidence developing over the miles. We also cover how to use your E bike efficiently, cadence, suitable assist settings and riding technique are all covered too.
We will be riding a route to take in some classic Peak District trails (and views). We recommend some previous experience riding off road, and an understanding of the basics of mountain biking. The bikes that we use are full suspension and are a fantastic way to enjoy some Peak District riding. The distance we will cover will be approx 25 – 30 miles each day, and the maximum group size is 6 an ideal distance for riders wanting to explore the benefits of an E MTB and the trails and an ideal number for riders to get to know each other over the 2 days. We love the Peak District and it’s stunning views, so the pace is not all about racing along in boost mode, we will show you how to get the most out of your battery charge and also take in the awesome Peak District scenery we are lucky enough to call our back yard.
Destination on day 1 and accommodation is the ‘Adventure Bunkhouse’ in the beautiful Hope Valley. 1 night stay is included in the package price, Your sleeping bag and bag will be transferred here for your arrival. A superb location within walking distance to the village of Castleton, where we will be eating in the evening (food not included in package).
- Hire of full suspension Devinchi E bike for the 2 days
- 2 days guiding with coaching en route, letting you focus on the ride and getting your skills dialed
- Bunkhouse accommodation
- Transfer of luggage between start point and accommodation and back to the end point on day 2
- Stretching / warm down session by a trained Physio at the end of day 1 getting you ready for day 2
Whats NOT included and what to bring
- Food – We will be stopping at a few good coffee and cake spots on the way round so you will need to carry some money.
- Evening meal and breakfast – We will book a table at the local and breakfast is at the awesome Cafe Adventure down the road in Hope Village
- Helmet and gloves – A good and well fitting cycle helmet is mandatory during the ride, No Helmet No ride, we recommend full finger gloves
- A trail pack or rucksack (15 – 20Litre), water, waterproof jacket, spare base layer.
- suitable clothing – lots of thin layers are better than one thick layer, fabric that is quick drying is best for a day in the saddle
- Suitable footwear
About the bikes
Bike hire is through our friends at Peak Cycle Hire. They have been riding in the Peaks for years and use the awesome Devinci DC. With 150mm rear travel and 160mm up front, this bike is a great all rounder and ideal for building confidence on. A Shimano STEPS E8000 motor gives you assistance throughout the ride, with three assistance settings (ECO, TRAIL and BOOST) you’ll be ready to take on the amazing trails we will be covering on the 2 day tour. read the E-Bike MTB review, there’s some useful info on sizing too.
Got your own Ebike, but want to discover the Peak District?
We welcome riders who have their own E Bike, the tour is a good way to not only discover new trails to ride, but also to pick up the core skills for MTB techniques, the coaching is aimed at intermediate level. The itinerary is the same, however the price is for the weekend is £200. If you do bring your own E Bike you are responsible to ensure it is mechanically sound before the tour, also.. don’t forget your charger!.
We also welcome group inquiries of up to 6, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
For more information phone Adam on 07828163159 or email email@example.com