Ever wanted to experience some of the fantastic trails in the Peak District? Ever wanted to try an Ebike? Then our 2 day guided E bike ride and coaching package is a perfect way to combine the two. The price includes accommodation and use of an Ebike. Based in the Hope Valley, we will be on the door step of some classic Peak District trails and we look forward to showing you some of the finest riding in the area. The routes take in blue and red terrain with some challenges along the way.
Tour dates 2020
Saturday 13- Sunday 14 June 2020
Price for the weekend including E bike hire, 1 nights bunkhouse accommodation and Breakfast is £320 per person (full list of whats included below)
New Trails, New Skills
The tour is ideal for riders with some existing experience of MTB, either E bike or non E bike, who want to explore more of the Peak District, discover new routes and some of the lesser known Peak District routes, and also develop their core riding skills. To ensure you get the most of your time in the saddle our guide is also a British Cycling accredited MTB Coach and MTB leader with over 30 years experience riding the local trails (and beyond!). The routes have been planned to take in some areas that are ideal for some skills focus points, that will have your riding skills and confidence developing as we cover the miles. We will also cover how to use your E bike efficiently, cadence, suitable assist settings and riding technique are all covered too to help you get the most out of your battery.
The routes take in some classic Peak District trails (and views). We recommend some previous experience riding off road, and an understanding of the basics of mountain biking. The bikes that we use are full suspension and are a fantastic way to enjoy some Peak District riding. The distance we will cover will be approx 20 – 30 miles each day, an ideal distance for riders wanting to explore the benefits of an E MTB. The maximum group size is 6, a perfect size for the group to get to know each other over the 2 days. We love the Peak District and it’s stunning views, so the pace is not all about racing along in boost mode, we will show you how to get the most out of your battery charge and also take in the awesome Peak District scenery we are lucky enough to call our back yard.
The ‘Adventure Bunkhouse’ in the beautiful Hope Valley is our base for the weekend. 1 night stay in the dorm is included in the package price. A superb location within walking distance to the village of Castleton, and Hope.
- Hire of full suspension E bike for the 2 days
- 2 days guiding with coaching en route, letting you focus on the ride and getting your skills dialed
- Bunkhouse accommodation and breakfast
- Packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday’s ride
- Stretching / warm down session by a trained Physio at the end of day 1 getting you ready for day 2
Whats NOT included and what to bring
- Food – We will be stopping at a few good coffee and cake spots on the way round so you will need to carry some money.
- Evening meal and breakfast – There are some friendly pubs in the Hope valley serving good pub grub, take your pick from Hope or Castleton.
- Clothing – Helmet and gloves – A good and well fitting cycle helmet is mandatory during the ride, No Helmet No ride, we recommend full finger gloves. We also recommend padded cycling shorts for a more comfortable day in the saddle
- A trail pack or rucksack (15 – 20Litre), water, waterproof jacket, spare base layer.
- suitable clothing – lots of thin layers are better than one thick layer, fabric that is quick drying is best for a day in the saddle
- Suitable footwear – If you ride with SPD pedals then these can be fitted to your E Bike
Got your own Ebike, but want to discover the Peak District?
We welcome riders who have their own E Bike, the tour is a good way to not only discover new trails to ride, but also to pick up the core skills for MTB techniques, the coaching is aimed at intermediate level. The itinerary is the same, however the price is for the weekend is £220. If you do bring your own E Bike you are responsible to ensure it is mechanically sound before the tour, also.. don’t forget your charger!.
We also welcome group inquiries of up to 6, you can hire an E Bike or bring your own. please contact us to discuss your requirements.
For more information phone Adam on 07828163159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org